Mechanical Design/Contracts Engineer – Full time
We are a Dewsbury based company well established in the development of odour control and industrial ventilation projects, equipment and services for clean and waste water industry. We are recruiting now for a part time Mechanical Design/Contracts Engineer to compile detailed drawings and documentation for sub-contract manufacturer. Additional duties include site visits and liaison with customers and suppliers.
- To produce and amend as required GA Drawings and Detailed Manufacturing Drawing to the companies standards in order to affect manufacture, give true reflection on what has been provided and provide information for the Technical Construction File as required.
- Preparation of calculation for justification of the design parameters on projects inclusive but not limited to airflow, pressure, fan sizing and selection, mechanical strength.
- To be contractually aware in order to identify project changes that may have commercial implications, and apply them in accordance with company procedures.
- Produce risk assessments and method statements for site based activities.
- Site testing of installations involving the use of manometers, anemometers etc.
- Compile and present test reports.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
- Sheet Metal FabricationsExperience in Sub-contract manufacture
- PC Literate
- 3D Cad design software knowledge
- Engineering detailing skills Microsoft Word and Excel
I am keen to hear from any Project Engineer with the following:
Qualified within Mechanical Engineering to HND/HNC level, or with appropriate experience in this field have knowledge and ideally commercial experience of industrial ventilation systems using sheet metal and industrial plastics. Experienced engineering CAD user, ideally using 3D Solidworks or 2D Autocad, and comfortable in front of customers and have a clean driving licence.